We're continuing with our outdoor theme this week (even though outside is the last place we've wanted to be -- Mid-westerners aren't prepared for the high 90's temps!).
We've been wanting to do a little something with our front door area for a while. We wanted to spruce it up without spending too much. On top of that we didn't have the option of doing anything too permanent since we need to have our sun room roof replaced this summer (can I just say what a pain hail is?!?) and we're sure anything that is in the vicinity of the roof will be wrecked.
Well that left us with a few options. We put some potted plants out...definitely a plus. But there was something missing. And that's where my little paint project began.
Here's a peak from earlier this spring (please excuse the shovels and rakes):
The main thing we needed was a great house number sign. The one that came with our little hand me down wasn't exactly making us fall in love with it, but we didn't want to get a brand new sign if this one already had our address on it. It was time to put our creative hats on.
I picked up these from Home Depot (over by the millwork and moulding) -- they were only $3.00:
I taped the address numbers, since we were going to keep that part the same. And you can see the new "flourishes" on the sign. (I used some extra-strength outdoor wood glue).
Aaaaaand it's ready for paint!!
It definitely helped our front space a little. But we needed to do a little bit more. Then I had another idea......
EDIT: We weren't loving the green (pictured above) -- luckily we were able to do a quick change with another can o' spray paint. Blue was the color of choice this time:
I did tape off the edges so I didn't get paint on to the metal parts.
Check back Monday because we'll do part two of our "Numbers" makeover -- that's right, there's still more!
I'm also linking up to the CSI Paint Challenge -- which was a total inspiration for this project!: